The Adobes

The Moreno adobe, the older of the two found on the Reserve, was constructed in 1845 when Juan Moreno moved 100 head of cattle to the Plateau. According to a map dated 1846, the structure originally consisted of four rooms and sat upon 48,000 acres granted to Senor Moreno by Pio Pico; the last Mexican governor of the territory of California

Posted on January 4, 2016 and filed under Photo Journey.